Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Group, is seeking a Senior Game Designer to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 Developers and Data Scientists, helping their clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. They're probably the most experienced multiplayer development group in the world. They are set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
MPG specialise in creating the highest standard of mind-blowing multiplayer experiences for their partners. They're currently involved in the biggest shooters, the highest-profile MMORPGs and the trickiest full physics-based multiplayer action ever produced across all platforms. Many of them are record-setting games.
As our Senior Game Designer, you will be responsible for analysis, problem-solving, recommendation, and industry comparisons for their clients and internal games.
What you'll be doing:
- Takes ownership of player character core mechanics, controls and character camera, makes a plan for how they should be used to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Lead Designer
- Create game systems that answer the needs of the client about the targeted experience for the player
- Standardise, document and communicate the systems to the game team
- Adjust the game systems to allow the player to elaborate valid strategies in phase with the experience sought
- Define the skills of the player used with the game systems as well as any related obstacles
- Create a control scheme that is both comfortable and easily mastered by applying the relevant ergonomic principles
- Define the information needed by the player to make interesting choices and adapt to his/her situation in the game, interface or menus
What we need from you:
- Extensive experience working within the Game Industry, with experience in shipping at least two titles
- Highly proficient in game and system design
- Passion for creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Good project management skills, time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive outlook
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Genuine interest and passion for games
- Experience in designing mobile touch screen controls
- Experience in utilising JIRA task management