Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Group, is seeking a Tools Engineer to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 Developers and Data Scientists, helping their clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. They're probably the most experienced multiplayer development group in the world. They are set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
MPG specialise in creating the highest standard of mind-blowing multiplayer experiences for their partners. They're currently involved in the biggest shooters, the highest-profile MMORPGs and the trickiest full physics-based multiplayer action ever produced across all platforms, and many of them are record-setting games!
What you'll be doing?
- Design and implement tools functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for implementation of tooling in a number of areas including but not limited to Gameplay, AI and UI
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in MPG and their clients' development process
What we will need from you?
- A strong engineer with professional experience in games
- At least one or more shipped game as a Tools Engineer
- PC development experience
- Knowledge of tools like 3DSMax, Maya, Blender, Substance and similar content creation systems is highly desirable
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C# programming skills are highly desirable
- Excellent C++ programming skills are highly desirable
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience in developing multiplayer games is highly desirable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend the direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills