DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
- Posted 28 March 2022
- Salary Competitive salary
- Discipline Level Up
Level Up. in partnership with Tactical are seeking an AR/VR Developer to join their social-first creative agency.
Now’s an amazing time to join Tactical as they continue to deliver game-changing social experiences for some of the best brands in the world. This is where you come in...
Tactical’s looking for a badass, super talented AR/VR Developer to join their Mixed Reality team so you’ll need to bring the creativity, ideas and skills to deliver.
We’re looking for someone with an interest and curiosity for all things AR in the mobile space. Their goal is to be global leaders of innovation in social AR/VR by pushing the boundaries of reality and sitting on the cusp of what’s next.
They're innovation partners to their clients and exist to solve their problems. We need someone who’s focused on building great experiences that engage and entertain their client’s customers, executing on briefs, and ensuring the quality of work exceeds expectations. They do this because they care and want to deliver ongoing success for their partners.
In this role, you’ll support the Account Manager and your teammates in building and developing complex and engaging AR experiences that live on different social platforms and work together with other creative teams to make sure each project is seamlessly delivered from start to finish, maintaining a standard of excellence.
Their team is awesome. They inspire awe, and they need someone who can harness and exponentially increase this awesomeness!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Mixed Reality team to conceptualise, design and develop complex AR experiences that deliver solutions for their clients
- Support with the design and development of projects using different social AR experiences development platforms such as Snapchat’s Lens Studio, Facebook’s Spark AR and TikTok Effect Creator
- Collaborate with the team to test, showcase new features and capabilities, and provide input and validation for future features and use-cases that could improve the service they offer their clients
- Support both the production & development teams in the building of a scalable production pipeline for Social AR experiences
- Help develop the team’s technical skills by sharing your experience, knowledge and techniques
- Provide tangible estimates for design and production tasks to inform the schedule and management of various projects, working closely with a Project Manager who’ll be managing the day-to-day workflow
- Suggest new ideas and features with the ever-evolving toolsets used to create Social AR experiences and content
Who You Are
- You have an interest in making things move with code, you’ve built AR experiences or simple games before and are interested in doing that for social platforms
- We’re looking for someone who aligns with their vision and is capable of helping us get (and stay) there
- You will challenge us as a team, pushing the boundaries of best in class and you take huge pride in the work that you do
- You value relationships over transactions. Being reliable, honest and committed makes us innovation partners both internally and externally
- You champion feedback in detail but solicit it even more frequently
- You’re a problem solver. You help the team and business innovate by looking for core problems, identifying opportunities and helping put them into action
- You strive for excellence, recognising teams and individuals whenever it’s achieved. They work hard as a team, they win (and celebrate) as a team
- You have experience working with, or building for Social AR Platforms (Lens Studio, Spark AR and TikTok Creator) Web 3D/AR/VR platforms and technologies (8th Wall, WebGL, ThreeJS ..etc)
- Experience building AR games for any of the previously mentioned platforms is a BIG bonus
- Experience working with and creating 2D and 3D content (2D/3D animation, typography, photo editing or illustration) using Adobe Creative Cloud tools (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator) and any 3D design and animation tools (Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender etc)
- You have a computer science or computer graphics background (design and animation experience gives you BIG bonus points)
- Ability to manipulate and interact with 2D/3D graphic elements through code
- Ability to start from a blank slate and repurpose existing customer creative assets to generate a polished experience
- Understanding of what works visually on social media and mobile platforms
- Strong time management skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Creative thinking and an innate instinct for what looks good
- Knowledge of social platforms and their unique quirks as they apply to user interactions
- Relationships and knowledge of the social AR community is a nice to have