My client is a well-backed exciting startup within the Retail & Fashion industry. They are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer who has worked in an E-Commerce environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for engaging in and improving the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design through deployment, operation and refinement, scaling systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Your scope of work will include leading the system architecture design, completing the iterative upgrading of products, and upgrading the underlying architecture.
- Solid programming language foundation, proficient in one or more of the following Java, Scala, Python, Shell, GoLang, etc
- Experience in Hadoop Stack (including Hadoop, Hive, and Spark).
- Experience in big data processing is essential
- Skilled with big data storage systems
- Experience with big data query systems is required.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g. filesystems, system calls) and with networking (e.g. routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
- Experience analysing and troubleshooting systems
- Kubernetes cluster and its ecosystem on Google Cloud
- Expertise in developing, operating and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters and other highly available systems at scale
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (Google Cloud preferred)
- SQL scripts writing
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation.
- Exposure to automation using PowerShell and MS System Center preferred
- Exposure to Service APIs
- Fluent in English
Based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, this Senior Data Engineer position offers between $110,000 to $140,000 p/annum + a strong bonus scheme along with a host of benefits such as a relocation package, a visa, healthcare, and much more!
Please feel free to apply if you match the above-mentioned qualifications/experience.