DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
VMware System Engineer
- Posted 02 July 2019
- Salary 20-30k AED p/m and benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineCloud, DevOps & Infrastructure
- Contact NameRobbie Bannatyne
Our client, a multi-national services provider have multiple opportunities in Dubai for VMware Platform Engineers and System Engineers.
VMware Platform Engineers will need to be holders of VMWare Certs (ex VCP...): VMWare vSphere 6.x,5.x,, VMWare NSX and vSAN, VMWare vRealize Automation and Orchestration and VMWare SRM, expertise on Server commodity Hardware servers (CISCO, HP, HUAWEI...) and VxRAIL, and knowledge of ITSM tooling frameworks (HPSM, BMC, IBM Tivoli...etc.) and ITIL processes to support cloud operations.
System Engineers will need to be certified in OS technologies: Windows Server and Active Directory and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, Suse, CentOS, Ubuntu. Understand properly the licensing models by vendors and properly report and maintain inventories of licenses, expertise on main system administration tasks: patching, hardening, backing up, configuring OS clusters and administrating users access, and knowledge of ITSM tooling frameworks (HPSM, BMC, IBM Tivoli...etc.) and ITIL processes to support cloud operations.
The roles responsibilities will be to maintain and upgrade existing IT Systems and infrastructures, along with:
- Participate on the onboarding tasks as part of a project to deploy customers within a Cloud Environment writing LLDs for specific areas of expertise.
- Must be adept at diagnosing and troubleshooting incidents on the technology required on multitenant environments
- Collaborating with L1 to resolve incidents and write proper incidents reports (Reason for Outage & Root Cause Analysis).
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Install and configure new hardware and software on development and production environments - multiple customers
- Applying operating system updates, patches and configuration changes within Management and Tenants environments
- Performing routine audits of systems and software, reporting and documenting customer implementations.
- Be familiar with scripting mechanisms (Power-Shell, PowerCli or others languages) or with Automation tools to improve efficiency.
- Answering technical queries and collaborating on capacity management processes
- System performance tuning. Appling best practice of the vendors.
- Ability to resolve technical and system problems and communicate those findings to the appropriate parties.
- Work with all IT teams across the business to deliver IT services (Network, Security, Storage, Backup, Infrastructure).
- Migrations experiences in between existing platforms and migrating customers into new platforms
- Part of 8x5 operating team for routing tasks which will be needed for 24x7 possible incidents resolutions
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.