I have a fantastic opportunity for a Category Manager to join one of the leading players in the B2B E-commerce space. My client would like to onboard someone who will be confident in managing the assigned categories as this person will be accountable for delivering the category business plan (topline, bottom-line, in-stock metrics) through the right assortment, price leadership, and strategic partnerships.
- Deliver on category P/L targets and take advantage of unconventional monetization opportunities
- Convert business objectives and strategies to develop the right product portfolio to facilitate business growth of the category.
- Developing, managing, and deepening strategic relationships with key suppliers/brands/partners for their assigned category.
- Vendor acquisition and retention of brands and products to bolster category plans
- End-to-end Selection & brand growth in the category
- Ensure Category growth through expanding assortment, price leadership, key partnerships, and category monetization
- Ensure excellent customer experience through strong site merchandising, inspiring content, and excellent knowledge of consumer journeys for your category
- Analyzing market trends and plan category growth accordingly
- Leading a team of associates and buyers and enabling their professional success through continuous mentoring and coaching
- Working with cross-functional teams to plan the growth of category supply, improving supply depth, and preventing supplier risk
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably within a high growth distributor, brand or retailer.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English. Arabic language skills are an advantage
- Candidates must be present in KSA