DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
Our client is one of the region’s leading Cloud & IT Managed Service Providers, who are looking for a Cloud Advisory Azure Capability Lead to design, implement and deliver on major customer projects as part of their service agreement.
The role of the Cloud Advisors is to enable customers to achieve their most challenging business and organizational goals through well-managed cloud strategy. They envision highly scalable, reliable and resilient cloud architectures that provide solutions to customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of cloud services.
As a trusted customer advocate, Cloud Advisors help organisations:
- Developing a journey to cloud strategy and business case
- Leading the customer over technical and business hurdles of cloud adoption
- Understand, plan and implement best practices based on cloud scenarios
- Support migrations of enterprise application workloads to the cloud
- Integrate a common strategy for cloud, security and DevOps
- Leverage agile project management approaches and enabling diverse global teams to achieve fully operational cloud capabilities (Private, Hybrid and Public)
- This role covers a broad range of relevant technologies including, cloud, ERPs, data centre, networking, security, compute, storage, database, enterprise applications, operating model, ITSM life cycle.
- Build the local capability in Azure by recruiting, building capabilities and providing guidance and leadership to the local team.
- Compile, deliver, and build capabilities and assets for “journey to cloud” roadmaps that guide our clients towards deeper and broader cloud computing adoption
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide the “journey to cloud” strategy and Cloud Architecture in Azure by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain (Applications, Secuirty, Infrastructure, ERPs, etc.)
- Compile and deliver Azure architectural cloud and security guardrails and frameworks customised to our client’s requirements and needs
- Cloud advisory: articulate business/industry drivers for adoption to cloud, integrate Cloud, Security and DevOps strategies, understand regulations and operational excellence (e.g., ITIL, SOX, Lean, Six Sigma); and apply IT Industry trends (e.g., Automation, IoT, Predictive Analytics)
- Cloud business value: business case creation on the value of cloud and convince business and client executives of the value of executing a course of action to improve business performance and value
- Process and methodologies: experience using industry enterprise frameworks and methodologies to deliver cloud capabilities and support migrations of enterprise application workloads to the cloud
- Cloud/Technology depth: demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least one technology area; demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
- Communications: fluently communicate with infrastructure, technical, architectural and business audiences by listening to the customer and collaborating with peer teams - verbally and in written form
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Cloud and IT Architecture with Azure, IT Design and IT Environment (Requirements gathering and analysis, Conceptual cloud architecture, Building blocks, Workload types, Migration patterns and tools)
- Cloud Migrations, Operations and Optimization (IT Operational best practices, ITIL process groups, deficiencies and remedies, Modern IT operating models)
- IT lifecycle management, IT processes, Delivery (SDLC processes, PM methodologies, transition/migration phases, IT process groups, Business Process Optimization, Service delivery approaches and methods)
Candidates should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Driving cloud strategy, value realization, cost/benefit and business case
- Cloud Migration assessments with tools like Cloudamize
- Implementing cloud capabilities in Azure (other technologies are would be considered as Azure, OpenStack, DevOps, VMware, Hybrid/Public Cloud)
- Support and execute Azure cloud migrations of enterprise application workloads to the cloud (SAP, Oracle, Application Portfolio Optimisation)
- Effectively manage complex project portfolios through various project management methodologies
- Ability to work with client management level, driving discussions and obtaining buy-in and commitment
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or Related Field
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on Azure for at least 5-7 years
- Azure certifications and preferred for Azure Solution Architect Expert.
- Experience developing Cloud business cases, roadmaps and cloud migrations
- Experience in DevSecOps (Azure)
- Knowledge in network layer (GTM, LTM), Application Layer and Data Layer
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Extensive knowledge in Networking Concept related to Load Balancer, setting up the VPN o tunneling
- Working Knowledge on Subnet and VLAN Creation/Segregation
- Installation of SSL and Certificate management with conceptual knowledge on Key store management
- Troubleshooting complex scenarios related to an Application Deployment
- Systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with technical, architectural and management audiences