My client, a major digital transformation & technology solutions provider, are scaling their Cloud division and Discovered is an exclusive talent partner.
We’re looking for Cloud Systems Engineers and Cloud Systems Administrators to provide Operations and Maintenance Support of a Cloud Platform. The ideal candidates will come from a Cloud MSP background and have a successful track record of managing private, on-premise cloud solutions.
The Systems Engineers will ensure maximum uptime of Cloud Services and be the main actors in Incident, Service Request, and Change Management processes.
You’ll be working within a broader team of elite international talent from all over the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide tier-3 expert technical O&M support and administration of 24*7*365 always available production environment;
- Provide expert knowledge in designated Cloud technological domain;
- Adhere to production support processes, identify opportunities that can improve the efficiency of operations;
- Collaborate with vendor operational and maintenance teams;
- Mentor and train other team members;
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong track record as a Cloud Engineer, SRE, Linux Engineer or Technical Support Engineer in a Linux production environment (preferably Redhat Linux Systems) is a must
- OpenStack production design, operations, and troubleshooting
- Working with Docker containers on Kubernetes clusters
- Strong Automation & Configuration Management experience – Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with monitoring tools - Zabbix, Nagios etc
- Knowledge, practical experience with Huawei cloud stack/architecture would be excellent Jira & Confluence
- Software Development experience with Shell, Python, Java etc. would be ideal
- Understanding of distributed storage systems such as Ceph would be great as well
- Knowledge of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and a deep understanding of TCP/IP stack would be highly beneficial as well
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a Cloud Engineer, SRE, Linux Engineer or Technical Support Engineer in a Linux production environment;
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented, customer-centric mindset
*All successful candidates must relocate to the United Arab Emirates as there is no remote working option for these positions.