Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Group are seeking a Gameplay Programmer (C++) to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 Developers and Data Scientists, helping their clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. They’re probably the most experienced multiplayer development group in the world and are set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
They hire the best people, their talented team is spread across the globe. They are 100% remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of them, check out what they're looking for!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for implementation in a number of areas including Gameplay
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in MPG and their clients' development process
To be the right fit, you need:
- To be a strong engineer with professional experience in games
- At least one or more shipped game
- PC development experience
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience in developing multiplayer games is highly desirable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills