I am currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer for a leading technology company in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can expect to work on problems that are of national scale and importance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the relevant business areas and various components in the stack.
- Take ownership of, architect, build and scale business-critical services.
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you.
- Participate in a DevOps / agile team – full lifecycle and full-stack – including design, development, testing, planning, backlog grooming, and support.
- Design and Develop REST API’s for internal and external consumption.
- Develop and maintain related application code – full-stack development.
- Develop unit tests to run in a continuous integration environment.
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes.
- Perform as a trusted contributor requiring little to no supervision and demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines, exceed goals, and create benchmarks for success.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Product Management, and other professionals within your team and across the organization.
- MSc/BSc in Computer Science or any related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role is preferred; professional certifications are a plus.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to convey technical solutions to the end-user.
- Solid experience of Python and C programming languages with demonstrated drive to learn and progress in the technical skill and nuanced art of development.
- Experience with software revision control tools such as Git.
- Ability to explain sophisticated system issues.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Experience with the integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
This is a permanent role with a competitive package plus other benefits, e.g., Visa, Medical, Relocation packages etc.