Backed by the largest retailer in KSA, our client is an independent venture focused on building the leading lifestyle e-commerce platform in MENA.
Our client is launching a full-scale e-commerce business with many digital products, including:
- customer interfaces (app and web)
- pickers’ and drivers’ interfaces (apps)
- merchants interfaces (app and web, including phygital products for stores)
- and many interfaces for internal use of our employees (mostly web, but not only)
Unique selling point
Large and demanding audience
- Our client's parent company is one of the biggest retail groups in the region, with hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Middle Eastern customers love shopping and new technology; they are very demanding and will definitely appreciate the excellent customer experience we aim to provide.
- Fast-growing industry and region.
- Ecom and digital-retail / phygital – one of the fastest growing industries in retail and digital products. They want to create a pool of truly valuable and popular digital products, setting new standards for customer experience and changing the regional retail industry.
- The Middle East is one of the world's most fast-changing and rapidly developing regions. With a state-wide program called Vision-2030, Saudi Arabia is becoming a more open and modern economy.
The current team members have worked in different tech companies all around the world, such as Google, Instacart, Rocket Intenet, Ozon, BCG, and many more.
What you will do
- Owner of the B2B (merchants and fulfilment) and B2C (consumer) product visions, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Lead the ideation, product development, and launch of innovative products.
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Drive product development with the engineering leads and designers.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Understand the company's strategic and competitive position and deliver world-class products.
- Generate high-level insights from formative research, market gaps or cutting-edge technical insights.
- Engage closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Understand merchant and customer needs and gather product requirements.
- Attract, manage, and develop a talented, diverse and inclusive team of product managers and product leaders.
- 10+ years of product management leadership experience (preferably B2B).
- Experience building 0-1 B2B marketplace and/or fulfillment/logistics product(s).
- Proven visionary thinking and demonstrates expert knowledge to solve complex, organization-wide or externally facing issues.
- Track record of hiring, leading and training high-performance teams.
- Proven track record of creating highly efficient product development processes and delivering ambitious business objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship and consensus-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively present to senior leadership.
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize ruthlessly and execute methodically.
- Prior startup experience is a must.
- Unique opportunity to build an eCommerce marketplace platform.
- Competitive fixed income + bonuses in USD / SAR.
- 5/2 work week with flexible start and end timing.
- A comfortable office in Ryadh, possibility to partially work remotely.
- Health insurance, relocation package for you and your family.
- Development support – we pay for your conferences and learning courses.
- Friendly and energized team spirit and team support.
Approach to work
- True omnichannel focus, new services, personalization, and well-designed customer experience – are what we’re focusing on.
- Our client works with agile teams with minimum bureaucracy, open communication, and client comes first attitude.