DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
Our client is a leading e-commerce company undergoing a migration project in the MENA region. Based in their Dubai HQ, they want to add several experienced Backend Python Engineers with past PHP experience to their superstar team. They are looking to scale their development team with Engineers who have in-depth experience with Python and PHP.
You'll need to be comfortable working independently and as part of a highly motivated and multidisciplinary team and have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Participate in all aspects of hands-on software development and maintenance including writing code, test automation, manual testing, troubleshooting and production support
- Build/Integrate REST API endpoints
- Write high-quality, testable, reusable, and well-documented code
- Participate in designing/architecting large-scale database
- Work closely with engineers across squads to architect and build highly scalable and robust backend applications and services
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in Python
- Experience in PHP (Laravel)
- Proficient understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Knowledge about professional software engineering e.g., SOLID principles, design patterns, clean code, separation of concerns
- Experience building a SaaS platform
- AWS, or other cloud provider experience
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Distributed Systems Architecture (Microservices, Event-Driven, and RESTful Services)
- Experience of TDD
If you match the above-mentioned qualifications/experience please feel free to apply.