DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the Operations and Maintenance Support of our client's Cloud Platform.
The Systems Engineer will be tasked with ensuring maximum uptime of Cloud Services and is the main actor in Incident, Service Request, and Change Management processes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide tier-2 in-depth technical O&M support and administration of 24*7*365 always available production environment;
- Provide expert knowledge in designated Cloud technological domain;
- Adhere to production support processes, identify opportunities that can improve the efficiency of operations;
- Collaborate with vendor operational and maintenance team;
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base
- Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering;
- Understanding of distributed storage systems such as CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, etc.;
- Knowledge of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding of TCP/IP stack;
- Strong development experience with shell, Python, etc.;
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, or Ansible;
- Comfortable with Kubernetes, Docker, and monitoring tools;
Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations, and troubleshooting would be beneficial