DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
- Posted 27 December 2021
- Salary Competitive salary
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Discipline Level Up
Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Guys are seeking a UI Programmer to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Guys is a development studio that helps other development studios make their multiplayer games better. They work with studios to create, develop, iterate and maintain their multiplayer games and associated tools, tests and documentation.
Embedded directly into their client’s team of engineering experts, you’ll be developing and improving tools and technology that empowers internal and external developers, working on systems such as player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and any online game feature. In this role, you'd report to a Lead Software Engineer or Technical Director.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for implementation in a number of areas including UI
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in MPG and their clients' development process
To be the right fit, you need:
- To be a strong engineer with professional experience in games
- At least one or more shipped game
- PC development experience
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience in developing multiplayer games is highly desirable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Ability to use initiative and take proactive action to provide solutions
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Opportunity to work across multiple AAA studios and titles from your own home
- Above market-rate salaries
- Generous annual leave
Get in touch to find out more!