We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our client's e-commerce platform based in Dubai. They are expanding and looking for a Data Engineer responsible for increasing and optimizing their data and pipeline architecture, data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building our company’s data architecture to support its next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using data sources
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centres and AWS regions
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
The Ideal Candidate:
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in Data Engineering
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Technical expertise in data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or a similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
If this role sounds like you send us an application today and contact Alex at [email protected]overed.ae.