We have a fantastic opportunity for a Delivery Director to join a brand new e-commerce startup who are at the early stages of setting up the business in a highly dynamic market environment.
The client has strong funding and big aspirations as part of a big and highly acknowledged retail group in the KSA region.
- Develop the last mile strategy and effectively implement it as per the agreed budget and plan
- Develop best in class last mile provider with 1000+ drivers who are trained, tech-enabled and well managed to deliver a leading customer experience
- Build up a regional network of transit warehouses across all major KSA cities and design/manage local processes to ensure best-in-class courier management
- Build up and train best-in-class operations teams across KSA to manage and develop best-in-class couriers (sales force) at scale
- Build up fleet management and procurement functions
- Establish and scale an effective organizational structure across all required last mile functions across the regions (e.g. Ops, Tech, HR, Infrastructure, Safety, etc.)
- Build a highly productive 3rd party partner network tightly integrated into the delivery mix to optimize SL, cost and capacities
- Establish the leading delivery with all required SL (next day, same day, intervals, COD, try on, etc.) + delivery channels (courier, pickup, lockers, etc)
- Build up all middle and last mile processes, standards and functionalities in close connection with warehousing and tech
- Develop the OMS, Courier App, and all other required system architecture in close tandem with product and tech teams
- Establish B2B solutions and manage capacities and SL for all partners at agreed KPIs
- Manage cost and productivities as per established budget and create a system for continuous improvement and optimization
- Develop and run budget and big investment projects as per agreement
- 5+ years experience in setting up and leading in house last mile operations with min. 500 drivers
- 7+ years of overall working experience with strong focus on operations, scaling, and team management
- Strong leadership skills to develop and scale operational teams
- Deep understanding of middle and last mile operations and 3rd party providers, incl. cost structures, tariff models, operational issues, labor regulation, etc.
- Deep and genuine passion for customer experience and operational excellence
- Strong understanding of tech requirements and passion to create tech-enabled last mile
- Strong collaboration skills to partner across supply chain, commercial, tech, etc. to ensure an integrated and highly cx optimized value chain
- Strong problem solving, structuring and execution skills individually and with teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very proactive/ hands-on with a strong ownership mentality to take on tasks and provide solutions
If you feel that this sounds like you, please feel free to get in touch!