Level up has partnered with a newly established game studio of industry veterans. Together, we are looking for a versatile Gameplay Engineer.
This studio strives to build great experiences for players in the Survival Sandbox Genre, which drives their teams. An ideal candidate will bring a collaborative mindset and be comfortable working in a remote setup.
As a gameplay engineer, you will work collaboratively with designers and fellow engineers to implement efficient, maintainable game systems. You'll need to have strong C++ skills, a desire to solve problems, and strong debugging and optimization skills, along with prior experience building and maintaining player-facing gameplay systems.
- Designs, prototypes, implements, and polishes gameplay systems.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay team on characters, abilities, gadgets, weapons, and various gameplay mechanics and systems.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Programmers and Designers on the team to change, adapt, or reactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and the engineering team to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 3+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Highly proficient in C++.
- At least one shipped title.
- Experience with multiplayer games is highly desirable.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Good knowledge of UE4 and Blueprints.
- Solution-driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent English communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers in a fully remote environment.
About The Studio
The studio aims to create a small team of game business ninjas, where everyone needs to be hands-on and empowered to autonomy, responsibility, and ownership of their craft. You should share and communicate your work openly, knowing that only providing and receiving honest feedback from colleagues and players will forge your craft to be outstanding.
Everyone’s voice is valuable. You live and breathe for the happiness your art provides to people. In your world, expertise, passion, and data speak louder than senior titles or tenure. Crafting something so special with so few people and resources in a challenge is like a masterpiece.