We are working with an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative company that focuses on the transformation of eCommerce experiences in the MENA region. The Head Of Data role reports to the CTO and is responsible for everything related to data within the company: data infrastructure, data quality, ETL, data engineering, data dictionaries, data lake and data warehouse, analytics and reporting.
As such, the Head of Data will have a solid technical background in data architecture and strategy with previous experience in building data teams from scratch.
The successful candidate will create strong and proactive collaborations with the Technical team and other departments such as the Marketing, Product, Commercial, Operations and Finance Teams.
- Data process and data-driven business- This role is key to defining the right data processes to guarantee the quality of the delivery (short and long term), reduce the lead time, and avoid work duplication. The HoD should advise on the best format for the inputs required for their team to be able to perform their work comfortably and serenely as well as instruct on the attention points to be considered in relation to the requests raised
- Operations Support- The HoD and the data team support the Operations team, regarding projections, running costs analysis, operational data analysis to notice and evaluate improvements/benefits, and data-oriented processes to increase efficiencies
- Marketing Support- The HoD and the data team help support the Marketing team, regarding projections, A/B test and audience analysis, CRM infrastructure and reporting automation
- Product Support- The HoD and the data team support the Product team by providing insights that will shape their roadmap
- Data infrastructure and solutions- Supervising the building of our data infrastructure, data lake and data warehouse. They ensure the data is properly filled and served, as well as documented
- Data Reporting and Insights- Ensuring the right reporting is provided to the various areas of the business, allowing them to monitor the progress of their KPIs. From it, the data team will provide useful insights to allow them to be more knowledgeable in the planning of their work.
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or similar
- Previous Experience in a ‘Head of’ or ‘Lead’ data-related role
- Startup or eCommerce experience is required
- Experience with Data Engineering
- Strong Python & SQL skills
- Excellent Data Analysis skills
- Experience with Data Visualization tools
- Experience in building and managing a data team
If you are a Head of Data, Director of Data or an experience Data leader with experience across Data Engineering, Analytics and Data Science and are looking for an opportunity to mould and implement a data strategy for an exciting e-commerce business then Apply Now!