DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
Lead Software Engineer - Backend Services (Remote)
Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Group are seeking a Lead Software Engineer - Backend Services to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 Developers and Data Scientists, helping their clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. They’re probably the most experienced multiplayer development group in the world and are set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
They hire the best people, their talented team is spread across the globe. They are 100% remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of them, check out what they're looking for!
Your mission will be to lead a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy and help integrate backend services as part of industry-leading game projects. Working with stakeholders to extract requirements, help define solutions and facilitate communication. Spearhead and oversee code implementation and delivery by the backend team on genre-defining titles.
What you'll be doing:
- Communicate with stakeholders, extract requirements and advise on solutions
- Work with the team and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work with the team to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Lead development through individual contribution
- Set and maintain high-quality standards and processes: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work and professional development
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code architecture skills.
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create high-level documentation, diagrams, designs, etc
- Ability to advise team members on technical and production matters.
- Ability to do day-to-day line management of the team.
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building distributed applications
- Knowledge of Microservices and service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL is highly desirable
- Experience developing server backends for free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps, or similar.