Level Up. in partnership with Ubisoft Abu Dhabi are seeking a C++ Online Programmer to join their growing studio in the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Together, we are seeking for talented C++ Online Programmer with experience and expertise in the online domain. Your main responsibility would be to make various modules for online games. You should be capable enough for creating various technical solutions as per the design requirements, additionally should have an understanding of various web protocols and technologies.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi. An extremely safe and multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world, providing a great home and standard of living.
- Create various gaming components for online games that can support multi-million user bases
- Write clean, robust, reusable code
- Follow and enhance the existing development processes and set standards
- Educate other team members on programming issues and concepts
- Make optimal architecture to make web and mobile-based games using Unity as client-side tech
- Adapt to reuse existing components and technology, rather than re-inventing them again.
- Provide support to team members whenever required
- Work with leads and production staff to organize the team to be effective and empowered.
- Understands the importance of writing secure code
- Have a strong understanding of various protocols like HTTP and Sockets
- Familiarity with client/server packet handling and latency/packet-loss mitigation
- Comfortable in creating RESTful web services and network calls.
- Experience in programming standard multiplayer features (matchmaking, leaderboards, friends etc.)
- Have good working knowledge about databases and be comfortable in using MySql or equivalent database
- Strong skills in server-side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Experience building synchronous client/server systems.
- Have some understanding of NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB
- Have excellent programming skills and solid experience programming C/C++
- Comfortable with both Linux and Windows server environments
- Have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements
- Understand how to work in a result-oriented environments and should respect commitments towards the work
- Be a team player and has the ability to work in the constructive direction for the company, team and personal growth
- Be capable enough to adapt to changes and get the best out of it
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams
- A passion for creating and playing games
- Experience with mobile games and social games are preferable
- Not afraid to learn new technology and rapidly apply it in your daily work
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in web and related technologies
- Minimum 2 years of experience with synchronous client/server systems or high traffic scalable web services
- Degree in technology or any other training or equivalent
- Attractive tax-free salary
- Relocation - flights for family and one-month hotel stay
- Visa - provided for the whole family
- Private medical insurance - provided for the whole family
- Education allowance - provided for children aged 3-18 years
- Annual airline tickets - provided for the whole family
- Pet relocation - if required
- 2x annual bonuses