Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Guys are seeking a Senior Game Developer to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Guys is a development studio that helps other development studios make their multiplayer games better. They work with studios to create, develop, iterate and maintain their multiplayer games and associated tools, tests and documentation.
Embedded directly into their client’s team of engineering experts, you’ll be developing and improving tools and technology that empowers internal and external developers, working on systems such as player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and any online game feature. In this role, you'd report to a Technical Director or the CTO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for implementation in a number of areas including but not limited to gameplay, AI, UI, Multiplayer, Core Tech
- Lead a team of Principal, Senior and non-Senior Engineers, with responsibility for performance management and development ensuring an exceptional level of service to their clients
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in MPG and their clients' development process
- Other duties as assigned
To be the right fit, you need:
- Extensive track record of commercial experience in game development, with at least four shipped games
- Prior experience at mentoring team members
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience in supporting HR initiatives including development discussions, recruitment and performance management
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills