Level Up. in partnership with The Multiplayer Group, are seeking a Senior Game Developer (C++) to join their growing development studio.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 Developers and Data Scientists, helping their clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. They're probably the most experienced multiplayer development group in the world. They are set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
MPG specialise in creating the highest standard of mind-blowing multiplayer experiences for their partners. They're currently involved in the biggest shooters, the highest-profile MMORPGs and the trickiest full physics-based multiplayer action ever produced across all platforms, and many of them are record-setting games!
They hire the best people; their talented team is spread across the globe. They are 100% remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of them, check out what they're looking for!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Responsible for implementation of areas such as Gameplay, UI, AI, Graphics, Rendering, Tools, Engine, etc.
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
To be the right fit, you need:
- To be a strong engineer with professional experience in game development
- Experience with PC and/or consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine would be a massive bonus due to most of their projects being UE; however, Unity and other proprietary engines are also a great experience to have
- Experience in developing multiplayer games is highly desirable but not mandatory