DISCOVER OUR EXPERTISE
Senior Python Engineer
- Posted 15 April 2022
- Salary 28-35k AED p/month & benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineSoftware Engineering
- Contact NameSayna Tehrani
Discovered is partnered with a leading crypto trading platform who are about to embark on a period of high growth!
This is a fully remote role for those based in the Middle East.
- Gather, address & implement technical and design requirements.
- Refactor existing applications to optimize their performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
- Ensure high-quality code that is very well optimized utilizing the right design, algorithms and data structures
- Own the technical implementation of the project he/she is handling ensuring the project is on track, deadlines are met, and progress/bottlenecks is communicated to management
- Manage testing of the projects he/she is handling ensuring robust deliverables
- Conduct project code reviews on a frequent basis and integrates the needed optimizations and changes
- Prepare, review and own the technical documentation of his/her projects
- Contribute significantly towards improving and optimizing our processes, best practices & implementations.
- Mentor & Coach Junior team members and his/her project colleagues
- BS degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering. Masters is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in Python
- 2+ years of experience in Python Frameworks (Flask or Django)
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs.
- Strong coding skills with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms.
- Strong work experience in Relational Databases including PostgreSQL.
- Experience in non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra) is a big plus.
- Previous experience in automated testing tools including unit testing
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers is a plus
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Development methodologies is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills.
- Being comfortable working remotely with a team in different locations.