My client in the UAE has two open requirements for Senior/Lead level VMware Engineers. Must have in-depth technical experience in designing, building, implementing the following;
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vCenter/PSC
- vRealize Suite
- Server Hardware
- RedHat KVM
- Windows Server
- Networking/Software Defined Networking, Storage, Backup
Key Skills; Must have a demonstrable track record of success in the below criteria:
- Integration with eco-systems such as monitoring, identity management, log management, storage, networking, data center management tools
- Security hardening of ESXi/vSphere
- Security hardening of Windows OS
- Server hardware e.g. Cisco UCS, Dell
- Scripting: PowerShell, bash, python
Good Certifications to hold:
- VMware VCP-DCV minimum, VCIX-DCV preferred
- Microsoft: MCSA or RedHat RHCSA
- Cisco CCNA – Data Center
- RedHat RHSCA – Openstack
- VMware VCP-NV
Role and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical role working for a blue-chip Systems Integrator or IT/Cloud Managed Service Provider.
- Leads the technical implementation for complex technical projects involving participants from multiple areas of the company or vendors.
- Experience of rack and device installations to best practice standards.
- Manages implementation tasks, with attention to detail and while under pressure.
- Technical deployment understanding of troubleshooting methodologies, steps, and tools.
- Experience of mentoring, training and teaching operational support personnel.
- Technical deployment expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.